I love the desert. I love to feel the heat soak into my bones like a lizard laying on a sunbathed rock in 100 degree weather. I love getting into a hot car after having been inside a place where the A/C is ridiculously overcompensating for the outside weather. I love the distinct mountains bordering all sides of Tucson letting the directionally challenged know which way we're headed, and yet still feeling as though you can see endlessly in any direction. I love the unique beauty of life struggling to grow and adapt in a dry land that seems destined for death. I love that cactus viciously defends the life inside that has managed to persevere. The desert is a part of who I am, and the place I feel most at home.

Baby Kolomichuk Photo-shoot

I had a whole bunch of pictures taken this morning of Baby #2. This is a very unfortunate experience to have to go to alone, because it is AMAZING! The lady operating the sonogram is somewhat less impressed seeing as how she does this every day, so you keep looking around wanting to exchange a look of awe with someone who thinks this is as incredible as you do. The baby was moving around like crazy. I saw him (or her, but I'll use "him" for the sake of avoiding "it") kicking his legs, sucking on his fingers, flipping around and around, rubbing his face, yawning, banging his fists together.... My favorite move though sort of resembled that move that martial artists use when they're getting themselves from their backs to a standing position by swinging their legs forward and arching their backs - it kept looking like he was trying to do that. Kind-of like an inch worm but on his back. I came home with 12 pictures, but they all disappointingly look nothing like the clarity I felt like i saw on the screen. So I'll spare you trying to figure out which part of white fuzz is the baby in all 12 pictures, and I'll just post two of them here. One is just his hand with his fingers outstretched waving hello to his mommy. The other one is his freakishly skeleton looking face (on the right) with big eye sockets and his mouth wide open. He kept opening and shutting it as though he were talking to us ("help im stuck in this tiny place! let me out! let me out!")


6 comments:

Shawna said...

i should also mention that i cant find the cord for my scanner, so these are actually pictures of pictures - as if the quality weren't bad enough to begin with

Joel said...

whoa, that second one is freaky

Nia Greene said...

yay! little Kolomichuk 2.0! yeah that second one is freaky...but still exciting.

Lindsay said...

Oh girl!! You are in TROUBLE!! That is exactly how Brody was in his first sonogram. Get ready for a CRAZY ADHD kid!!

Shawna said...

Lol - you're probably right Lindsay - If I remember right Elliot was pretty calm in the sonograms. I was shocked to see this baby flipping all over the place!

Mimi/Mom/Christy said...

Another sweet angel baby...even if he/she DOES enjoys a good flipperoo now and then...

Copyright © 2008 - Life in the Desert - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template