I love the desert. I love to feel the heat soak into my bones like a lizard laying on a sunbathed rock in 100 degree weather. I love getting into a hot car after having been inside a place where the A/C is ridiculously overcompensating for the outside weather. I love the distinct mountains bordering all sides of Tucson letting the directionally challenged know which way we're headed, and yet still feeling as though you can see endlessly in any direction. I love the unique beauty of life struggling to grow and adapt in a dry land that seems destined for death. I love that cactus viciously defends the life inside that has managed to persevere. The desert is a part of who I am, and the place I feel most at home.

Day 5: Your Love is Changing Us

Tear down the walls, see the world

Is there something we have missed?

Turn from ourselves

Look beyond

There is so much more than this


I don't need to see it to believe it

Cause I can't shake this

Fire deep inside my heart


Look to the skies, hope arise

See His majesty revealed

More than this life there is love

There is hope and this is real


This life is Yours, and hope is rising

As Your glory floods our hearts

Let love tear down these walls

That all creation would

Come back to You

It's all for You


Your Name is glorious

Glorious

Your love is changing us

Calling us

To worship in spirit and in truth

As all creation returns to You

Hillsong United Tear Down the Walls

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Life in the Desert - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template