I love the desert. I love to feel the heat soak into my bones like a lizard laying on a sunbathed rock in 100 degree weather. I love getting into a hot car after having been inside a place where the A/C is ridiculously overcompensating for the outside weather. I love the distinct mountains bordering all sides of Tucson letting the directionally challenged know which way we're headed, and yet still feeling as though you can see endlessly in any direction. I love the unique beauty of life struggling to grow and adapt in a dry land that seems destined for death. I love that cactus viciously defends the life inside that has managed to persevere. The desert is a part of who I am, and the place I feel most at home.

Terminator Salvation

Today was my birthday. My parents took me to go see the new terminator movie which GREATLY exceeded my expectations. I was so irritated at the third terminator movie with its destruction of the whole "no fate" theme of the first two movies - not to mention their wimpy impression of john connor, his annoying bossy girlfriend, a stupid malfunctioning arnold, and a ridiculous chick terminator that was less advanced than the T1000 of T2. Before seeing T3, I had a group of friends over to watch the first 2 consecutively and then we went strait from those to watch the first midnight showing of T3. What a disappointment! So I wasnt even going to bother with this one until it hit the cheap seats (especially with no arnold in it!) except that my parents offered to take us to a movie of my choice for my b-day. Christian Bale was a MUCH better John Connor, and the movie spectacularly lived up to the point of the first two movies while not needing to acknowledge the travesty of the third. (My dad said i take these movies too seriously.)  Nice save John Brancato and Michael Ferris.

3 comments:

Janice said...

I'm glad it was a good day for you! We enjoyed being a part of it. The day after was a lot of fun too!

Nia Greene said...

:) I'm glad you enjoyed Terminator so much! I have to wait till dvd to see it.
wish I could've been there to celebrate your birthday with you.

Lindsay said...

See, that's the key...have your birthday before the baby comes...I learned that the hard way with Brody! :) Happy Belated Birthday!

Copyright © 2008 - Life in the Desert - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template